Purple Egg Flop is quick, colourful, and absolutely delicious! This is a super healthy way to get your day going, along with your digestion!
Purple Egg Flop Ingredients -In Order Of Operations
- Small Pan
- 1 Tsp of coconut oil, or less.
- 1/2 Stalk of celery chopped.
- Handful of purple kale chopped. (Any kale or firm leafy green, I had purple.)
- 1/2 Green onion chopped.
- 1 Egg
- A pinch of goat cheese if you wish.
- Cracked pepper to taste.
- Spicy Dijon Mustard to taste.
*Fun things to add… Pretty much any veg under the sun & the moon. Hot sauce, was my afterthought.
- Lightly oil the pan with coconut oil.
- Chop veggies, add to pan in order above.
- Toss in oil for a few seconds.
- Crack egg on top, shimmy around pan to catch more veg. Be gentle if you like your yolk runny.
- Pepper to taste.
- Flip once it is at desired finish.
- Cook on other side for a moment, sprinkle goat cheese on cooked side.
- Fold in half, and toss it on a plate.
- Drizzle with Dijon to taste.
Yummmmm this was so satisfying for lunch today! Yet another fridge rummage. I decided today I am going to keep buying minimal food. If I have my dry food necessities, and a handful of veg… and a couple produce items, I can make anything. It forces me to push my creative envelope. Purple Kale was my random ingredient this time. It looks beautiful in everything! Plus – Minimal oil allows the kale to get slightly crispy… Pretty fun on the pallet, the way it picks up the coconut flavour.
My final thought here… Have fun with what you have! There is no need to waste things! Less groceries = less waste + your body will thank you. Check out the Europeans… They have this one down!
Happy Healthy Cooking.
Love within, love around.
Erin Nicole Bick